The melting of gold is particularly useful to form ingots or 1 oz coins. The important thing is to have the right equipment and use it safely.
Things You’ll Need
- Dust or nuggets of Gold
- Acetylene burner
- Acetilene gas tank
- Crisol or melting pot
- Melting pot Clamps
- Boric Acid
- Collect dust and gold nuggets in one place.
- Put it in the Melting pot. Since gold melts at about 2,000 degrees Fahrenheit, you need a container that will not melt before the gold. If you have a pot, you can buy a graphite crucible online for about $ 10. Enter the crucible in a fireproof area.
- Use acetylene burner. Add some powdered boric acid on gold. Directs gold flame until it begins to melt. Add a bit of boric acid and continues until gold becomes completely liquid.
- With Melting pot tongs, carefully pour the molten gold in the ingot mold or mold of any shape. The mold must be of a similar material to the crucible.
- Wait for the gold piece to cool completely before handling.
Take a look to these videos:
1. Gold Melt Part I:
2. Gold Melt Part II: